You may send an e-mail message to a contact having an e-mail address by
Depending on the configuration of your BSCW server, you may send an SMS to a contact with a mobile phone number
• by selecting Send SMS in the action menu of the contact.
Given a user contact, i.e. a contact which is associated to a user, also indicated by its icon , you could try to get in touch with the corresponding user over social networks or instant messaging services. This is, of course, only possible if the user has entered according links in the ‘communication’ section of the personal profile.
• Click on the user contact, to have the user pop-up displayed.
• Click on the [E-Mail] button, to send an e-mail message to the user.
• Use the [Details] button to get to the user info page. The section ‘Contact details’ in the personal info page lists the contact facilities that the particular user offers. If the section is missing, the user has not entered any links to social networks or instant messaging systems in the personal profile.
• Click on the icon of a social network, to get to the user’s page in the particular network. Click on the icon of an instant messaging system, to get in touch with the user via the respective instant messaging system.