In order to create a discussion forum along with a first note, proceed as follows.
• Select File New Discussion Forum in the top menu to bring up the ‘Add Discussion Forum’ form.
• Enter the name of the new discussion forum; if no name is given the text in the ‘Subject’ field will be used instead.
• Choose the type most appropriate for the contents of the note you are about to create (for the diverse types see above).
• Enter the gist of your note in the ‘Subject’ field.
• Enter optional tags for your discussion forum.
• Enter the text of your note into the window of the HTML editor below ‘Message’. If you click on [Cancel and edit source], you lose all your input so far and can enter the message as text message instead of in HTML.
A discussion forum is always generated along with a first note, but may well exist without notes: you may remove all notes from a discussion forum using Cut or Delete and add new notes later. This could make sense when you install a workspace for a group and want to fix a place and name for a discussion forum beforehand.
You may change name, tags and description of the discussion forum using File Change Properties in the top menu of the discussion forum.