You can create and edit HTML documents (MIME type
text/html) directly on the BSCW server. With most recent Web
browsers, e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari, an HTML
editor is being used that has been integrated into BSCW. Should you use a
browser that does not work with the integrated editor, HTML documents
are edited like ordinary text documents.
To create an HTML document
• select File New HTML Document in the top menu of the current folder.
• Enter name, optional tags and description of the new document. Enter the contents of the document into the window of the HTML editor.
• Hitting [OK] or invoking the editor ‘Save’ operation creates the new HTML document.
• If you click on [Cancel and edit source] you lose your input so far and can enter the HTML document in source text, i.e. with HTML tags.
To edit an HTML document directly on the server
• select Change Edit in the action menu of the document. When you use the built-in HTML editor, this action automatically locks the document, until you are finished with editing.
Note: The automatic locking generates no events of its own and doesn’t appear in the history of the document.
• The contents of the HTML document are displayed in the window of the HTML editor where you may edit the document freely.
• By hitting [OK], the edited document replaces the existing one or creates a new version if the document is under version control.
• If you click on [Cancel and edit source] you lose your input so far and can edit the HTML document as source text.
During creation of the HTML document (either via upload or directly on the server), the character set of the document has been inferred from the creator’s browser information. You can also explicitly set the character set via Change Properties . Uncheck the check box ‘Try to select the character set for contents of a text file automatically’ and confirm with [OK]. You can then enter the character set for the HTML document in the action form.